KTM is offering its electric Freedride E-XC race-ready motorcycle through a pilot program in North America.
The Freeride E-XC is the electric version of the popular KTM Freeride 250R.
The electric race bike is available in limited quantities exclusively through select authorized KTM dealers in the United States. Each of the 11 dealerships has been certified through KTM’s high-voltage technical training to provide service for this new technology.
The manufacturer's suggested retail price for the Freeride E-XC is $8,299.
“KTM has created this pilot program as a way to better understand the level of consumer interest in electric motorcycles, which will assist us in future planning when considering serial production of electric motorcycles in the coming years," said Tom Etherington, vice president of sales for KTM North America Inc. "The exciting part for consumers is that through this pilot program, the Freeride E-XC is available for a price that is substantially less than these models would sell for outside of this program.”
The dealerships offering these bikes include:
- Moto City KTM in Avondale, Ariz.
- 3 Bros KTM of Orange County in Costa Mesa, Calif.
- CJ KTM of Murrieta in Murrieta, Calif.
- KTM of Roseville in Roseville, Calif.
- Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside, Calif.
- Elite Motorsports KTM in Loveland, Colo.
- Larsons Cycle in Cambridge, Minn.
- Edelman’s KTM in Troy, N.Y.
- Solid Performance KTM in Downingtown, Pa.
- Adventure Powersports KTM in McKinney, Texas
- KTM of North Texas in Arlington, Texas
For more information on KTM’s dealer network, visit www.ktm.com.