PICKERINGTON, Ohio — AMA member Jim Bowman is the grand prize winner among participants in the 2018 KTM AMA National Adventure Riding Series, presented by Kenda tires, and will take part in the 2019 KTM Adventure Rider Rally.
"As part of KTM's involvement with the AMA National Adventure Riding Series, we selected one lucky winner to be our guest at the annual KTM Adventure Rider Rally," said KTM Ride Orange Manager Mark Hyde. "Jim will spend three days with us in Breckenridge, Colo., riding one of our 2019 KTM adventure bikes through the Rocky Mountains. Jim will be joining KTM and other adventure enthusiasts, along with some of our KTM pros like Mike Lafferty, Taylor Robert, Russell Bobbitt, Paul Krause, Quinn Cody and Destry Abbott."
The KTM AMA National Adventure Riding Series, presented by Kenda tires, featured a schedule of 20 events in 2018. Every participant in the series events was automatically entered to win prizes from series sponsors: KTM, Kenda tires, Seat Concepts and IMS Products.
Everyone who enters one of the rides in the 2019 series will have a chance to be next year's winner and KTM's rally guest in 2020.
Bowman, of Grass Valley, Calif., is a 37-year AMA Charter Life Member. He rode the Yosemite Adventure Tour hosted by Family Off-Road Adventures.
"It was a pleasant surprise with so many events and so many people, I had forgotten about the contest altogether," Bowman said. "I had a KTM 990 Adventure for a while and am interested in the KTM 790 Adventure now. I used to race AMA District 36 enduro, hare scrambles and motocross. Nowadays, I'm competing in trials and riding my adventure bike. I also was an editor at Cycle News in the past."
Presenting sponsor of the series, Kenda tires, awarded 10 sets of tires to randomly selected participants of the series. The winners were:
- Mark Rollins, of Oak Island, N.C., who participated in the Blue Ridge Adventure Ride hosted by Appalachian Trail Riders;
- Darren Wasser, of Morgantown, Pa., John Przybylski, of Ellington, Conn., and Benjamin Shaffer, of Hermitage, Pa., who rode the PA Grand Canyon 500 hosted by Pine Barrens Adventures;
- Keith Harless, of Alabaster, Ala., who rode the Perry Mountain Tower Run conducted by Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club;
- Mark Adamsky, of Shamong, N.J., and Doug McCabe, of Nokesville, Va., who participated in the Pine Barrens 500 by Pine Barrens Adventures;
- Jan Murrary, of Windsor, Wis., who rode the Big Woods 200 hosted by the Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders;
- Scott Stricker, of Cincinnati, Ohio, who rode the Renfro Valley Adventure Ride hosted by Appalachian Trail Riders; and
- Jeff Rhomberg of Kirkwood, Mo., who rode the Show Me 500 hosted by the Midwest Trail Riders.
Scott Statz, of Madison, Wis., won a Seat Concepts motorcycle seat.
IMS Products foot pegs went to Keenan Foster, of Greensboro, N.C.; Bobby Moore, of Denver, N.C.; Craig Barbeau, of Westerville, Ohio; Joe Hewis, of Avon Lake, Ohio; and Rob McNamara, of Branchburg, N.J.
Adventure Motorcycle Magazine (ADVMoto), also a sponsor of the series, offered AMA members a 20 percent discount on a subscription.
The 2019 series schedule and detailed information about the events can be found at www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Riding/Adventure-Riding.
Be sure to follow the series' official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AMAAdventureRiding. Post your photos from the events on social media using #AMAadv.