PICKERINGTON, Ohio — American Motorcyclist Association member Matteo Mercurio, of Murrieta, Calif., won a 2019 Beta 500RR-S motorcycle, thanks to his participation in the Big Bear Run, a stop on the 2018 Beta AMA National Dual Sport Series, hosted by Big Bear Trail Riders.
AMA member Matteo Mercurio takes delivery of the 2019 Beta 500RR-S he won for participating in the 2018 Beta AMA National Dual Sport Series. Pictured, left to right, are AMA Advertising Director Steve Gotoski, Mercurio and Evan Magram, a sales associate at Mountain Motorsports in Ontario, Calif.
"It's a great event," Mercurio said of the Big Bear Run. "It's very challenging, but they have different tracks for different levels of riders. You don't have to be an expert. It's a great series."
Mercurio, a four-year AMA member, has been riding dual sports for six years. He also has ridden the LA-Barstow-to-Vegas National Dual Sport, hosted by AMA District 37 Dual Sport.
Thanks to sponsors of the Beta AMA National Dual Sport Series, participants who rode at any of the events in the 2018 series were entered automatically to win prizes from Beta, IMS Products, Kenda and Seat Concepts. Adventure Motorcycle Magazine (ADVMoto), also a sponsor of the series, offers a 20 percent discount to a subscription of their magazine.
"My staff and I are very happy once again to make one lucky person an owner of a new Beta," said Beta USA President Tim Pilg. "I hope that this year's winner, Matteo, enjoys his new 500 RR-S! This is our 5th year as the title sponsor of the series and we couldn't be happier for all of the past, present, and future winners."
The winner of a Seat Concepts motorcycle seat was Dave Hall of Palm Bay, Fla., who rode Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club's Tower Run.
Kenda tire winners included:
- Dave Gazzaneo of Lakeside, Calif., rode the Big Bear Run organized by Big Bear Trail Riders
- Jeffrey Mull of Douglassville, Pa., rode the Hammer Run hosted by Tri-County Sportsmen M/C
- Terry Perkins of Franklinville, N.J., participated in the Durty Dabbers event
- Todd Mount of Thornville, Ohio, rode the Baby Burr by Enduro Riders Association
- Mark Jones of Dyersburg, Tenn., and Troy Jackson of Pleasant View, Tenn., took part in the Land Between the Lakes ride organized by KT Riders
- Arty Spencer of Acworth, Ga., rode the Tower Run hosted by Perry Mountain Motorcycle Club
- James Martin of Taylor, N.D., rode LA-B-to-V organized by AMA District 37 Dual Sport
- Adam Hall of Oregon, Wis., participated in the Big Woods 200 by Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders
- Chad Thornburg of Vienna, Va., rode the Shenandoah 500 organized by Washington Area Trail Riders
IMS Products fuel tank winners included:
- Kyle Gaskin of Moraga, Calif., rode the Yosemite dual sport hosted by Family Off-Road Adventures
- John Osborn II of Los Alamitos, Calif., rode the L.A.-B-V event hosted by AMA District 37 Dual Sport
- Joseph Frank of Bayonne, N.J., rode Durty Dabbers hosted by Durty Dabbers Motorcycle Club
- Kelly Unrath of West Allis, Wis., rode the Big Woods 200 hosted by Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders
- David Baechtold of Annapolis, Md., entered the Hammer Run by Tri-County Sportsmen M/C
The 2019 series schedule and detailed information about the events can be found at www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Riding/Dual-Sport-Riding.
Be sure to follow the series' official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AMADualSport. Post your photos from the events on social media using #AMAdualsport.