Stacked field ready to kick off 2013 GEICO EnduroCross Series
April 30, 2013
The following is an industry press release...
Irvine, CA (April 29, 2013) – There is no doubt that Taddy Blazusiak, the four-time GEICO AMA EnduroCross, Fueled by Monster Energy Champion is the favorite to win the title again in 2013 but he will face a stacked field of riders gunning for the top spot. The remainder of the field has closed the gap in recent years and several of those riders have switched up their bike choice looking for the magic necessary to displace Blazusiak from the top step.
- Taddy Blazusiak – The four-time EnduroCross Champion will be difficult to beat again as he has his KTM 350 dialed in. The friendly Polish rider’s unbelievable mix of balance and aggression is fun to watch even when he is out front by himself.
- Cody Webb – The 2010 AMA Trials Champion had a great EnduroCross season in 2012 and concluded with second in the championship. Perhaps more important, Webb has made a switch to the Beta two-stroke and proved at the X Game EnduroCross in Brazil that he was capable of passing Blazuiak many times.
- Taylor Robert – The Monster Energy Kawasaki rider’s primary focus for 2013 is EnduroCross and after building his own test track last season, he showed great consistency and had three second place finishes in 2012. The 2012 WORCS champion is now ready to content for EnduroCross wins and the title.
- Mike Brown – The 2000 AMA Motocross champion and multi time WORCS Champion won the X Games EnduroCross event in 2012 to prove his that his skills translate to EnduroCross as well. For 2013, he makes the switch to the KTM 350 after several years of racing a 250 and perhaps that is the tool needed to beat Blazusiak.
- Cory Graffunder – The Factory Husqvarna rider from Canada quietly finished in fifth in the 2012 EnduroCross Championship and earned two podium finishes during the season. His off-road racing background helps him excel in the most difficult conditions and he continues to build on the aggression also necessary for the tight confines of EnduroCross.
- Justin Soule – Soule is one of the fittest riders on the track and he consistently works his way to the front. The Monster Kawasaki rider is still looking for his breakthrough event in 2013.
- Kyle Redmond – The quiet Californian has raced several different brands over the years and for 2013, he will be another rider making a switch to the KTM 350 that Blazusiak has used to dominate the past several years. With the Support of the RPM racing team, perhaps this is the magic ingredient needed to help him get a win.
- Colton Haaker – He got his first win at the 2012 Las Vegas EnduroCross season opener and had a second place finish in Ontario, California but lacked he consistency. A switch to a Honda 450 with support and guidance from multi time Baja Champion Johnny Campbell could make all of the difference for 2013.
- Geoff Aaron – An injury ruined his 2012 season and for 2013 he too has made a switch to a KTM 350 and the ten time US Trials Champion that has won two EnduroCross main events is looking forward to 2013.
Add in several more top contenders such as Canada’s Bobby Prochnau, Gary Sutherlin, Destry Abbott, Jamie Lanza (who will be racing a Husqvarna 125) and just making the main event looks difficult. Then you have Max Gerston, Ryan Sandoval, Bryan Roper and Keith Sweeten all chasing the Junior Championship, a Championship within a Championship for riders 21 and under looking to make their mark closer to the front of the field in 2013. This is shaping up to be the most exciting EnduroCross season yet.
Make sure you catch a round near you or watch all of them live online at via the www.EnduroCross.com and www.DirtRider.com websites or the Motor Trend YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/motortrend).
The opening round of the 2013 GEICO AMA EnduroCross Championship, fueled by Monster Energy and presented by Lucas Oil will take place in Las Vegas on Friday, May 3rd during the Monster Energy AMA Supercross finals weekend. You can get tickets at the Orleans Arena Box office: http://www.orleansarena.com/event-calendar/geico-endurocross-summer-2013
For more information, please visit www.EnduroCross.com
2013 GEICO AMA EnduroCross, Fueled by Monster Energy Schedule
Location Date Arena / Additional Information
Las Vegas, Nevada May 3, 2013 Orleans Arena (Friday during Supercross weekend)
Sacramento, California June 8, 2013 Sleep Train Arena
Ontario, California September 21, 2013 Citizens Business Bank Arena
Denver, Colorado October 12, 2013 National Western Complex
Everett, Washington October 26, 2013 Comcast Arena
Boise, Idaho November 9, 2013 Idaho Center
Las Vegas, Nevada November 23, 2013 Orleans Arena