AMA Roadside Assistance Program
This benefit is available for no extra charge when you sign up for auto-renewal of your AMA membership! Coverage for all your vehicles in your household, including motorcycles, cars, trucks, RVs and even trailers!
Automobiles, motorcycles, motorhomes and trailers are covered.
Towing services are covered up to 35 miles to the nearest qualified service facility (or to any other location requested by the member of equal distance at no expense to the member). If over 35 miles, the member is only responsible for the overages incurred after the 35-miles coverage
AMA Roadside Assistance is your safety net for mechanical breakdowns with your motorcycles and other vehicles. Commercial trailers are, however, excluded.
Only one service call for the same service type within seven days
- Example: One tow per seven days, one lockout per seven days, one jumpstart per seven days, etc.
- Member can have more than one service call within a seven-day period, but it cannot be the same service.
AMA 24-Hour Roadside Assistance Services
All roadside services are covered at no expense to the member.
Battery Service/Vehicle Won’t Start
- Jump start service.
- If motorcycle with battery failure, we will tow motorcycle (up to towing coverage listed earlier).
- Flat tire change (to spare).
- If no spare (for motorcycle), we can tow the vehicle (up to towing coverage listed earlier).
Fuel, Oil, Fluid and Water Delivery Service
- Fuel – unleaded or diesel fuel.
- Fluids – water, oil, or other fluid.
- Member pays provider for fuel/fluid itself.
- Member will not pay for service call charge for provider to deliver to the breakdown location.
- If keys locked inside vehicle – we will send out provider to unlock vehicle.
- If a locksmith is necessary to assist with key in trunk and if the locksmith can access trunk release from inside vehicle, it will be covered.
- If no acc
ess to a trunk release or a key needs to be made – provider pays for the cost of the service charge for locksmith to go out to the location but member is responsible for cost of key and labor associated with making key.
- If lockout service is unsuccessful, provider will tow the vehicle (up to towing coverage listed earlier).
Mobile Mechanic Assistance (for RV vehicles)
Program covers service call for Mobile Mechanic to go out to the location.
- Does not cover cost of parts, labor/repair, lubricants, installation or materials necessary to complete repair work on site.
Get Protected Now
Sign up for AMA Roadside Assistance securely online, or call (800) AMA-JOIN for more information.