The paperwork for holding an AMA-sanctioned event is simple. AMA-chartered clubs or organizations just download, fill out and return the below forms with their sanction fee. The group can then receive all the benefits of hosting an AMA-sanctioned event, one of which is the signalling to the local community and others that their event embodies the principles of fairness, responsibility and competitiveness that characterize AMA-sanctioned events.
2018 Competition Sanction and Insurance Forms
2018 Recreation Sanction and Insurance Forms
2017 Sanction and Insurance Forms (Recreation and Competition)
Please note that insurance rates are good through Nov. 30, 2017. For events taking place in Dec. 2017, please use the 2018 sanction form and insurance rates, but indicate that it is a 2017 event.
- 2017 Recreational Sanction: For non-competition events (whether on- or off-road) such as dual-sport rides, family enduros, poker runs and Gypsy Tours, including those organized by a Service Charter Organization.
- 2017 Competition Motocross Standard Sanction: A standard sanction for competition motocross events.
- 2017 Competition Sanction Request (Motocross): A motocross sanction request for National and Regional Championships, Area Qualifiers, Major Events, Featured Events, Pro-Am Events and State Championships.
- 2017 Competition Off-Road Sanction Application: For competition off-road events, such as hare scrambles, enduros or trials.
- 2017 Competition Track Racing Sanction Application: For track racing events, such as road racing, dirt track or hillclimb.
AMA Recreational Riding Rulebook