Motorcycling seminar schedule in place for AMA National Convention
August 08, 2014
PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association is pleased to announce a full slate of informative seminars for motorcyclists at its upcoming national convention in Orlando, Fla., Oct. 16-19.
Held in partnership with the American International Motorcycle Expo at the Orange County Convention Center, the 2014 AMA National Convention provides something for every AMA member, including a front-row seat for all the latest in motorcycles, gear, gadgets and gizmos at the AIMExpo.
Registration for a variety of ticket-value options for the AMA National Convention is available now at www.americanmotorcyclist.com/events/AMAConvention.aspx.
On the first day of the AMA convention -- Friday, Oct. 17 -- seminar topics include:
- "Riding the Motorcycle Cannonball, Merging the Past and the Present," hosted by AMA Motorcycle Hall of Famer Cris Sommer-Simmons
- "Sound Off: How Bike Noise Impacts Every Motorcyclist," hosted by sound expert Chris Real and AMA staffers Steve Salisbury and Marie Wuelleh
- "Motorcycle Antilock Braking System and Motorcycle Stability Control: Solutions for Safe Riding," hosted by the Bosch Corp.
- "The Myths of Motorcycling," hosted by 2013 AMA Outstanding Road Rider Award recipient Eric Trow
- "The Blue Comet M/C, 77 Years and Counting!" hosted by Lois Hendershot and AMA staffer Serena VanDyke
- "Ride Smart, a Biker's Perspective," hosted by Mike Myers, ABATE of Illinois
- "The ABCs of Trauma," hosted by Vicki Sanfelipo
- "The Women's Self Defense Talk," hosted by Chris Oklevitch
In addition, staff from the AMA Government Relations Department will be hosting the following sessions:
- "Get On Board: How You Can Personally Impact The Future Of Motorcycling"
- "It's A Bird, It's A Plane -- No, It's A Motorcycle!"
- "Your Favorite Off-Road Ride: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow?"
- "Federal Laws And Motorcycling: What You Need To Know To Protect Your Riding Freedoms"
On Saturday, the action moves outdoors, with Carol "Skert" Youorski conducting "Dropped Bike, No Problem!" and Chris Real staging two outdoor sessions for stationary-motorcycle sound testing.
Full seminar descriptions are available at www.americanmotorcyclist.com/events/AMAConvention/AMAConventionSeminars.aspx
The 2014 AMA National Convention also includes the annual AMA member meeting, the annual business member meeting, organized rides and the 2014 AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. The Friday evening induction ceremony, one of motorcycling's most impressive events, will welcome seven new members into the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame:
- Motocross pioneer Pierre Karsmakers
- Racer and motorcycling advocate Tom White
- Museum and racetrack founder George Barber
- Off-road racing champion Scott Summers
- National motocross champion Mike LaRocco
- Tuner and race team manager Rob Muzzy
- Engine builder and entrepreneur Byron Hines
The AMA National Convention offers several ticket packages for attending one or more events, with an all-event value package and discounts for AMA members. Online registration for the 2014 AMA National Convention is available at www.americanmotorcyclist.com/events/AMAConvention.aspx
Join the conversation! Follow along with us at #AIMExpoAMA to get the latest updates on activities, contests, and promotions at the 2014 AMA National Convention. Don’t forget to connect with us too! Facebook.com/AmericanMotorcyclist
and @ama_riding on Twitter and Instagram. Join us in Orlando as we learn, ride and celebrate motorcycling together!