Who We Are
Tailored content. Delivered to the most committed, invested motorcyclists in the market.
American Motorcyclist Magazine delivers the best audience in motorcycling. We directly connect you and your message to nearly 200,000 subscribers, all of whom care enough about their sport to invest $49.00 per year to protect their rights to ride. Their passion is motorcycling, the lifestyle that goes with it, and the motorcycles and products that make the passion their own.
Moreover, the content of American Motorcyclist Magazine is tailored to our members. Roughly 89,000 of our members self identify as “competition” members. In light of this, every issue of the magazine has an editorial component that caters to our Competition and Street Members. The transition is seamless, the overall content of the magazine is uninterrupted, and as a result our members spend more time with every issue of the magazine. More time viewing your marketing message. No other publication in the market offers this innovative editorial scope.
Our shared passion drives action that translates into sales of your products.
AMERICAN MOTORCYCLIST READERS ARE AFFLUENT, MOTIVATED BUYERS:
- They enjoy a household income of $85,300.
- 80.4% own their home. An additional 15.4% own more than one home.
- 84.4% rate American Motorcyclist as their #1 motorcycle magazine, and 71.7% read 4 out of the last 4 issues.
- Our members overwhelmingly find AMA Membership beneficial and recommend others join.
- AMA Members ride: Average mileage in 2011 was 7010 per member, and they plan to ride over 8600 in 2012.
- 87.9% report having multiple day riding trips in 2011.
- AMA members are experienced riders. 44% Have been riding for more than 30 years; 11.3% more than 50 years.
Perhaps most notably, American Motorcyclist’s readers are committed enough to the sport of motorcycling to pay $49.00 a year to belong to the American Motorcyclist Association, the country’s premier rider advocacy group.
Our readers support the sport—and they support the industry with massive purchasing power.
Here are a few highlights from our 2012 Reader Survey:
- 89.6% are considering a street helmet for their next purchase
- 83.5% plan to purchase motorcycle oil in the next 12 months, 75.1% an oil filter as well
- 51.8% plan to purchase Brake Pads
- 58.7% plan to purchase an air filter in the next 12 months
- 30.6% plan to purchase a new seat in the next 12 months
- 71.3% plan to purchase tires in the next 12 months
- 64% plan to purchase road riding apparel in the next 12 months
- Street Apparel: 65.5% plan to purchase gloves, 41% jacket, 42.9% Boots, 36% Pants/Chaps
- 38% are interested in electric motorcycles and their technology
- 43.5% perform their own maintenance on their motorcycles
- 12% have used a GPS unit while riding in the last 12 months
Please contact us for more information about our readership.