Round 3 of the Kenda Full Gas Sprint Enduro Series took place April 23-34 in Romney, W. Va. The round also was the first of two AMA International Six Days qualifiers.
By Heather Wilson
For many riders, the road to international off-road racing glory at the 2016 International Six Days Enduro began this past weekend in Romney, W.Va.
The third round of the Kenda Full Gas Sprint Enduro Series, an AMA Regional Championship, which took place April 23-24 at the Boyer family farm near Romney, W. Va., served as the first of two AMA ISDE Qualifiers for riders who hope to represent the United States at the ISDE in Spain in October.
Of the 29 riders who turned in a Letter of Intent to ride for one of the U.S. ISDE club teams, KTM rider Josh Toth logged the fastest elapsed time over two days, with 1:35:00.162. Factory Gas Gas rider Broc Hepler came in a minute and half behind Toth at 1:36:33.015, and Jason Klammer, a KTM rider, rounded out the LOI podium with 1:37:38.743.
Josh Toth captured the fastest elapsed time over the two days. Photo: Shan Moore
Riders for the U.S. teams will be selected by the AMA ISDE Advisory Committee based on qualifier score, national or
international standings for similar type competition, or prior ISDE experience. Any or all of these
conditions will be considered for team placement.
Full results can be found at www.mylaps.com/en/classification/3900259.
Overall LOI Results (total elapsed time)
- Josh Toth - 1:35:00.162
- Broc Hepler - 1:36:33.015
- Jason Klammer - 1:37:38.743
- Ben Kelley - 1:39:01.541
- Luke Ross - 1:41:34.738
- Michael Pillar - 1:42:52.469
- Johnny Barber - 1:44:08.766
- Talon Soenksen - 1:46:02.198
- John Maier - 1:47:29.598
- Dustin Walcher - 1:48:28.129
- Brian Storrie - 1:49:11.776
- Allan Swartz - 1:49:14.091
- Timothy Price - 1:51:06.305
- Rachel Gutish - 1:51:20.091
- Darren Carlson - 1:51:35.685
- Connor Depew - 1:51:44.937
- Jubal Brown - 1:53:17.026
- Michael Sanders - 1:53:34.614
- Tyler Ruckdeschell - 1:53:34.826
- Larry Silvia - 1:54:19.073
- Gilles Trepanier - 1:54:52.652
- Shawn Davidson - 1:54:58.038
- Jake Blecha - 1:55:51.854
- Jonathan Seales - 1:57:39.828
- Mandi Mastin - 1:58:19.140
- Nicole Bradford - 2:00:17.843
- Neal Soenksen -2:02:47.633
- Jake Todd - 2:07:01.551
- Taylor Johnston - 2:10:55.615
The final AMA ISDE Qualifier, hosted by the Boise Ridge Riders, is June 4-5 in Idaho City, Idaho. For more information about the ISDE, visit www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Racing/InternationalCompetition/ISDE/ISDERiderInfo.aspx.