The following is an industry press release...
July 31, 2017: The 2017 AMA KENDA/SRT National Hare & Hound season continues after Summer break as the series heads to Caliente, Nevada for round seven of the series. Hosted by Silver State Trail Blazers, the annual Muley Run has been deemed a series favorite by racers and fans. Located just outside of Las Vegas, the event is co-sanctioned with MRAN and District 35; encouraging local talent to jump in the mix and show their best poker face.
The nation's best desert racers will parade to the Zip Ty Starting line for a dead-engine start by class. Loop one is approximately 33 miles, and perfect for racers of all skill levels. Loop two, approximately 44 miles, will challenge those looking for extra miles and unique terrain. Monsoon season has been kind to the region, dampening the dirt in preparation for the August 12th event.
Spectators will be treated to a showdown between some of the nation's fastest off-road racers, including the likes of FMF KTM's Taylor Robert, JCR Honda's Ricky Brabec, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing's Jacob Argubright, Purvines' Racing Nick Burson, Gary Sutherlin, Axel Pearson, local talent Tuffy Pearson and more! Tune into our Facebook to watch LIVE (service permitting). Spectators can gather at the KTM Finish Line to watch as the winner takes the checkered flag.
The weekend of fun begins Friday evening with a spaghetti dinner and autograph signing from 6pm-8pm. On Saturday morning, Youth racing kicking off the day at 7:00am and 7:30am, followed by Big Bikes at 10:30am.
- Riders need to get their number registered online BEFORE the race weekend: CLICK HERE
- Temp Numbers are $10 for 3 pieces (front and sides)
- Transponders are $5
- Pre-Entry is open NOW! Skip the crazy long lines!
- Big bike bomb practice is WALK only
- NO spectators, pit crew or mechanics will be allowed on the start for safety reasons (Train schedule)
- Riders will parade to start, BE PREPARED
- There will be a speed limit at the end of loop 1 through town for 1.2 miles. DO NOT SPEED.
- NO BIKES are allowed to ride from pits/sign-ups on the highway. Street-legal vehicles ONLY.
NHHA Director, Jacob Michna: "Caliente is a unique place to race, and perfect for racers of all skill levels!"