There are a lot of things that make motorcycle racing awesome, whether it’s watching a race or actually racing.
Here are 17 things that are waay cool.
1. You can see the riders.
2. Seeing a bike lean into a corner will always be cooler than seeing a car turn into a corner.
3. It doesn't cost a million dollars to get started.
5. Knee pucks.
7. “I love the smell of race gas in the morning!”
8. Rubbing it in when you win.
9. Being a good sport when you lose.
10. Sometimes, old age and skill can beat youth and enthusiasm.
11. The sound of a Superbike at 15 grand.
12. Watching 18 flat-track bikes pitch into turn one at a buck-twenty.
13. Seeing a Top Fuel bike go from zero to 230 in 5 seconds on a drag strip.
14. As a rider, you can truly appreciate the pros' talents.
15. Buying a pit pass and seeing your heroes up close.
16. Wondering at an observed trial: “Did I just see what I think I saw?”
17. Guessing who's going to win this weekend.