AMA Commissions are the volunteer bodies that consider, disseminate, amend, interpret and assist in the enforcement of technical and operational rules for amateur and pro-am competition and recreational events sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association.
AMA Congress is the annual gathering for AMA Commissions.
2019 AMA Congress
Hilton Columbus Downtown
401 N. High St., Columbus, Ohio, 43215
AMA Congress will be held in conjunction with the AMA Legends & Champions Weekend, which is Dec. 6-7. Learn more about the AMA Legends & Champions Weekend at www.americanmotorcyclist.com/LegendsAndChampions.
Reservations at the Hilton Columbus Downtown are available at a special group rate at https://aws.passkey.com/e/49921089. Guests may also call (614) 384-8600 and reference the group "American Motorcyclist Association."
The 2019 AMA Congress Schedule of Events will be announced soon.
AMA Competition Commission Guidelines
About the transition from Congress Delegates to Commissions: Overview of Changes
Competition Commission Members
Each AMA Competition Commission appointee must be a member in good standing of the AMA throughout his or her appointment. Each appointee shall serve a two-year term beginning in January. Applications must be submitted by the end of October for the term beginning the following January. Appointees may serve multiple terms.
The AMA president may remove any appointee from the commission at any time.
Download an AMA Commission application here:
AMA Commission Application
Submitting AMA Competition Rule Proposals and Agenda Items
Below is a link for Commission Members to submit AMA rule proposals and agenda items for discussion during the commission meetings.
Proposals may be submitted at any point in the season. For proposals to be included in the printed agenda for the 2018 AMA Congress, they must be submitted no later than Oct 31. Only AMA Commission Members may submit proposals.
Submit your AMA Competition proposals here.
All business by the AMA Competition Commissions are subject to review and approval by the AMA Board of Directors. Rules adopted by commissions during meetings and ratified by the AMA Board of Directors are incorporated into subsequent AMA Rulebooks, which are published annually. Please refer to the AMA Commission Guidelines for additional information.
AMA Commission Meeting Agendas
- AMA Summer Meetings: Aug. 27, 2019 – Motocross Commission Agenda – Motocross Commission Agenda -- Summer 2019
- AMA Congress: Dec 7-9, 2018 – Sporting Commission Agenda
- AMA Congress: Dec 7-9, 2018 – Medical Safety Commission Agenda
- AMA Congress: Dec 7-9, 2018 – Technical Commission Agenda
- AMA Congress: Dec 7-9, 2018 – Motocross Commission Agenda
- AMA Congress: Dec 7-9, 2018 – Off-Road Commission Agenda
- AMA Congress: Dec 7-9, 2018 – Trials Commission Agenda
- AMA Congress: Dec 7-9, 2018 – Flat Track Commission Agenda
- AMA Congress: Dec 7-9, 2018 – Circuit Racing Commission Agenda
- AMA Congress: Dec 7-9, 2018 – Specialized Sport Commission Agenda
Recreational Riding Commissions
Information to come soon.
Archived AMA Congress information
AMA Congress Roster represents archived information that is no longer relevant.
AMA Congress Minutes
Flat Track Commission