AMA Commissions are the volunteer bodies that consider, disseminate, amend, interpret and assist in the enforcement of technical and operational rules for amateur and pro-am competition and recreational events sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association.
AMA Competition Commission Guidelines
Overview of Changes
AMA Motocross Commission
AMA Off-Road Commission
AMA Trials Commission
AMA Flat Track Commission
AMA Circuit Racing Commission
AMA Specialized Sport Commission
AMA Sporting Commission
AMA Medical/Safety Commission
AMA Technical Commission
Competition Commission Members
Each AMA Competition Commission appointee must be a member in good standing of the AMA throughout his or her appointment. Each appointee shall serve a two-year term beginning in January. Applications must be submitted by the end of October for the term beginning the following January. Appointees may serve multiple terms.
The AMA president may remove any appointee from the commission at any time.
AMA Competition Commission appointees may include the following:
- A representative from Recognized District Organization (RDO)
- A representative of an AMA-chartered promoter or club
- AMA referee or AMA steward
- A noted expert in the discipline represented by the particular commission
AMA Competition Commission appointment procedures are:
- Starting in October 2018, completed applications must be submitted by the end of October before the beginning of the January term. Terms start in January and last two (2) years.
- Applications will be reviewed by discipline managers on AMA staff and nominated by the AMA director of racing for appointment by the AMA president.
- Appointees must complete the following training within three months of appointment:
- AMA Referee training,
- AMA risk management workshop. (Completed affidavit must be submitted.)
- Agree to the Commission Member Responsibilities listed in the Guidelines of AMA Competition Commissions
Download an AMA Commission application here:
AMA Commission Application
Recreational Riding Commissions
Information to come soon.
AMA Commissions meet annually during AMA Congress.
Information about 2018 AMA Congress will be posted when available.
AMA Congress Roster represents archived information that is no longer relevant.
AMA Congress Minutes