Marketing and Advertising Coordinator
Participates in marketing activities in order to grow AMA membership, helps maintain existing and new advertising revenue and helps build an effective marketing and advertising strategy. Participates in shaping and guiding the AMA brand into the future and broaden the Association’s membership base in order to increase its influence within the industry to better protect and promote the motorcycling lifestyle.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the marketing and editorial staff, create, develop and execute a social media strategy, content calendar and postings.
- Completes marketing projects (i.e., data compiling and reporting, support and assist on intermittent department needs as they arise, recurring membership communication needs as directed)
- Responds to AMA affiliate and Member Benefit Partner program issues and requests
- Receives and addresses content of member phone calls
- Facilitates AMA membership email campaigns
- Processes all POs, Insertion Orders, invoices, reports and other administrative activities that are associated with assigned advertising and marketing programs/projects
- Assists in fulfilling AMA partnership, advertising and event sponsorship deliverables, in office environment and onsite at AMA events and functions
- Assists and participates in negotiations of advertisement buys/swaps on behalf of the AMA
- Assists in the organization of AMA promoted events (AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony)
- Communicates with external and internal contacts including contact with nearly every department and many external companies that help the AMA accomplish goals
- Performs other duties as assigned and approved by supervisors
Knowledge, skills, abilities & working conditions
- Knowledge of membership marketing tactics, including both acquisition and retention efforts
- Knowledge of Google Ad Manager/Analytics, Microsoft Office suite, marketing automation and email platforms, others
- Willingness to expand knowledge and skill using other platforms or programs necessary to perform job
- Excellent communication skills with members as well as local and off-site supervisors and colleagues
- Little/no strain; standing, walking, sitting
- Environment: Inside (AMA HQ) with some minor discomforts; outside (AMA events) varied weather
Qualifications—education, experience, licenses, certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications
- Three to five years of job-related experience
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The American Motorcyclist Association, the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycling lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Grassroots Coordinator.
Based at AMA’s Washington, D.C., office, the successful candidate will develop and implement grassroots initiatives to influence political action in furtherance of motorcyclists’ rights and the AMA mission.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate an effective Grassroots Advocacy program for engagement of AMA volunteers to influence political action in furtherance of motorcyclists’ rights and the AMA mission.
- Support and advance the AMA State Chapter program.
- Use social media and website tools to communicate information on issues and opportunities to increase and facilitate activism.
- Respond to member inquiries and help requests via phone and/or email.
- Monitor relevant motorcycling news sources, organizational websites and community forums to understand the latest developments that may affect the AMA mission.
- Communicate with external and internal contacts including members, motorcycle riders, public officials and AMA staff.
- Work with Government Relations team to develop grassroots initiatives.
- Act as administrator of the AMA state pages and advocacy software program.
Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, business or related discipline required. Technical proficiency in various computer applications and ability to earn new programs are essential. Motorcycling experience is a plus.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer