The American Motorcyclist Association, the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycling lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Grassroots Coordinator. Based at AMA’s Washington, D.C., office, the successful candidate will develop and implement grassroots initiatives to influence political action in furtherance of motorcyclists’ rights and the AMA mission.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate an effective volunteer management program, to include recruitment, training and ongoing engagement of AMA volunteers to influence political action in furtherance of motorcyclists’ rights and the AMA mission.
- Implement, support and advance the AMA State Chapter Network Program.
- Use social media and website tools to circulate federal register, congressional and local information and increase activism.
- Respond to member inquiries and help requests via phone and/or email.
- Monitor relevant motorcycling news sources, organizational websites and community forums to understand the latest developments that may affect the AMA mission.
- Communicate with external and internal contacts including members, motorcycle riders, public officials and AMA staff.
- Work with motorcycle on-highway and off-highway managers to develop grassroots initiatives.
- Act as administrator of the AMA state pages and CQ Engage software program.
Bachelor’s in political science, communications, business or related discipline required. Technical proficiency in various computer applications is highly desirable. Motorcycling experience is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, salary requriements and resume to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm Thursday through Saturday
The AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame is seeking a part-time employee to serve as a Museum Assistant. Must be punctual, comfortable working with the public, and able to change tasks quickly. The Museum Assistant will perform a wide-variety of duties including but not limited to opening and closing the museum, processing gift shop inventory and sales, and working with databases.
Ideal candidates will possess excellent customer service skills, be familiar with museum practices, and be willing to take on new projects and challenges. Maintaining professional standards and ability to work independently are very important for this role. Knowledge of motorcycles preferred but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Opening and closing the museum
- Operating admissions desk
- Engaging visitors
- Processing gift shop inventory
- Processing sales from the museum gift shop
- Answering phones
- Assisting with museum collections management projects
- Other duties as assigned
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Museum Assistant” as the subject line. No phone calls please.
AMA is an EEO Employer