Q – How many members compete in AMA events, and how long has the American Motorcyclist Association been involved in racing?
A – Every year, tens of thousands of motorcycling enthusiasts participate in AMA-sanctioned competition events.
- We have been sanctioning amateur, pro-am and professional motorcycle racing across America since the inception of the AMA in 1924. Learn more here.
- AMA members compete in sanctioned events on asphalt, dirt, sand, ice and gravel to test their skills against the country’s best racers. Learn about each of the racing disciplines here.
Q – How many competition events did the AMA sanction in 2016?
A — In 2016, the AMA sanctioned 1,697 amateur and pro-am competition events in the following disciplines: Arenacross, Dirt Track, Enduro, EnduroCross, Hare Scrambles/GNCC, Hare and Hound, Hillclimb, Ice Racing, Land Speed, Motocross, MotoTrials, Road Racing, Speedway, Supermoto, Vintage Racing, ATV Racing and International Competition.
Q – Does the AMA participate in professional competition as well?
A – The AMA sanctions numerous professional competitive series in collaboration with management and marketing partners.
- AMA Supercross, promoted by Feld Motor Sports, is one of the highest profile motorsports in the world.
- MotoAmerica is the AMA’s partner in professional road racing in America.
- AMA Pro Racing by the Daytona Motorsports Group manages professional motocross, flat track and hillclimb in the United States.
Q – Do AMA racers compete on the international stage?
A — The AMA is the sole U.S. affiliate of the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme, the motorcycle sanctioning body for international competition. The AMA sends teams to prestigious events, including the International Six Days Enduro, Motocross of Nations, Junior Motocross World Championship, Trial des Nations and Speedway World Cup.
Q — Who were the 2016 champions in AMA-sanctioned competition series and grand championships?
A – To view the 2016 AMA champions in amateur, pro-am and professional competition, go to www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Riding/Story/2016-ama-amateur-and-pro-am-champions
Q – Where can I view racing results for AMA competitors?
A – The AMA Race Center provides an easy-to-use web interface with full results and advancement points, cross-linked results by rider or track, rider performance charts, a comprehensive search function and upcoming events.
Q – Where can riders learn more about getting started in AMA racing?
A — AMA-sanctioned motorcycle racing is the most exciting, accessible and affordable motorsport in the world. Get started here.